Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Music

Music has slowly evolved over the years with both how is it is listened to and the offshoot of genera’s. Before the phonograph, people would attend live performances to hear their music. Today we still hold various forms of concerts but it is not the primary way we listen to music. Even though music keeps evolving I think the one thing that will always stay the same is the major role it plays in our lives. I know personally I have music playing almost 24/7. I have it going when I get ready for the day, while I’m doing chores or homework and even when I get into my car to drive somewhere. Certain songs even spark memories because of the emotional connection that I have with them. For instance my Dad loves Jazz music so whenever I hear a song by Stan Getz or Ella Fitzgerald, I always think of him. I don’t think music will ever leave our lives and it is the one source of media that I believe will never die.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003806082

This article basically talks about who is top on the billboard charts with the band Death Cab For Cutie scoring their first number one. What I found interesting is Frank Sinatra coming in at number 2. Just goes to show that people are starved for better music and are turning to the old classics for entertainment.

No comments: